Monday, June 6, 2011

I don't need a shrink, I just need MAKEUP

Now I don't mean that in a materialistic sense...I mean I need makeup therapy: daily, weekly, monthly....all the time. Since building the makeup studio, I have been pretty addicted to creating. Also with starting to feel better and a clear mind returning...my creative capacity is nearly limitless! Anyway, that's why I haven't been blogging so much. With all that comes with feeling better, I haven't really wanted to sit down and blog.

I feel after some time of getting back into the groove of a normal, healthy life...I may have some better perspective on what I was going through. I know for sure, on many occasions, I got rather maniacal about finding out what was wrong with me. I just knew something was wrong...I'd had a premonition dream before I got sick and in the past, my premonition dreams are occurrences that shouldn't be ignored as I rarely even dream on the average night. I'm glad I was so crazy! I wouldn't be feeling better today if I hadn't been tenacious enough to take care of myself. I basically gave up on my doctors, and I may still pursue further testing for Lyme (I may have been bitten in an area where CA doesn't have the capability to test for that antibody) but for now, Colloidal silver, the hottub, and healthy eating/exercise are my best friends. 

On that note...lets get onto the makeup! Here is a look I created the other night to go out in the City. I have been so sick for so long that my husband and I hadn't gone out very and certainly not to the City, I think maybe ever? So I had a lot of fun with this one an was totally inspired by new purple hair and shany crazy neon 36 palette! they are high shimmer neon colors and I am in LOVE. Here are some photos and then I'll describe how it's done:




Yes the lighting is different in some photos but that's because I forgot to get a close up in the good light. The dimmer light seems to show the light/dark contrast fairly well though.

Face: I started out with Loreal's dull skin primer. This is a new product for me, and originally I thought it looked peach but under the foundation it's fine and gives a light prime to the skin which I'm learning to like. Next I mixed a custom blend of Maybelline Fit me foundation, Clean Finish foundation, and a small squirt of Elf lilac petal shimmer cream. I don't powder my face until after highlight and before contour...this is because I use cream and powder highlight and powder only contour. After foundation, I cream highlight the middle of my forhead, down the bridge of my nose, and on the tops of the cheek bones with Elf spotlight shimmer cream. I powder that with NYC pearl opal loose powder. Finally I'm ready to mattify my whole face with Hard Candy mattifying translucent powder which is also a new product and I really LOVE it. Its invisible and can be used on anyone, it gives a light matte to the foundation without being heavy either. Last on my face, I contour the hollows of my cheeks, down either side of my nose, and lightly in the temples with Elf powder in Honey. I love the color of the honey powder because it's very golden instead of orange as many bronzers can tend to look on pale skin like mine.

Eyes: All about eyes cream is used to prep the eyes in the skincare portion of the routine. Next is Revlon "black magic" cream shadow, I chose the iridescent pink cream as a shadow base. The pearl shine of this cream shows through the powder eyeshadow and  I can't say enough about how awesome that looks in person! The shany crazy neon 36 palette comes in next. I chose an ice pink for the lower lid, a hot pink for the crease, and medium and royal purples to define the outer edges as you can see. I originally thought I would do a full rimmed eye, but the eyeliner went on so buttery perfect for the top that I just left it since it spoke for itself. I always pat on black powder shadow on top of black liner for extra staying powder and less chance of smudging which was important since we were heading to a club. I use three coats of mascara to finish....I started with Maybelline Greatlash, followed by NYC thickening formula, and finally NYC lengthening formula.

Cheeks: Since I've already discussed my highlight/contour routine...the blush itself is a mix of Palladio blushes rosey and blushing. I used the lighter one first all over the cheek (it's a baby pink color), and then used the darker pink to define my cheekbone alone.

Lips: Hard Candy plumping lipgloss in Jellyfish applied generously all night as I love a full pout!

No comments:

Post a Comment