Thursday, June 30, 2011

Goth MakeupTutorial Fun!!!

For MUT today i got asked to do a photo tutorial on some of my fun color work. Ok, glad to oblige, this is very thorough and involved...that's just how i roll :)









This is the look I am going for, sorry it came out in this order but that's how they were saved and loaded on here...anyway to start i just use foundation and the peach powder foundation from Coastal Scents under my eyes. A lot of people disagree with thick powders under the eye, but i think as long as it's smoothly applied and well powdered, it will not budge or migrate as some would expect. I used elf shimmer whip cream on the tops of my cheekbones and other areas as shown, powdered with NYC loose shadow, and then went on to translucent powder my whole face.














After trans. powder, I like to contour areas as show with elf honey powder. Since the look I am going for requires very true colors, I used NYX jep in milk, i like tiny strokes and then smooth with a foundation brush. I do this so i get only the needed amount of product and it's less likely to crease under the powder. Now here comes the fun stuff...the Color!














Purple shimmer/hotpink mix on inner area. dark hot pink from CS 88 palette on just the inside of the purple/pink mix on the lower portion of the lid only, brought only to crease. Shimmer yellow/peach from Fash 88 palette as small highlight on lid. Red from Fash 88 palette on outer edge as shown. lets keep going...phew take a breath! lol


















I decided to bring purple/pink mix into the inner brow. swept red under the outer 3/4 of the eye. added tad brow highlight and mix of three greens for the extra brow oompth. Colored out brows...i use the thicker brush to get color on their and the thin angled brush to get desired shape and i mixed two colors. Onto blush and other things...



















I LOVE aziza blushes right now...seriously only .99 cents at the 99 cent only store and it comes in a two pack. plus they are very matte and well pigmented, LOVE! anyway, i chose the light pink, i like to put it on the cheek bone for today. Next was lips, i chose bobbi brown creamy lip in cocoa as it's fairly nude. Then i used a dark cherry lip balm from unforgettable moments red palette (sold at payless shoes). Next i dipped the lipbrush in the black eyeshadow and applied. I chose just lengthening mascara today as the look called for long barely there lashes. Voila!










2 comments:

  1. Love this!! Great job! I hope you can do more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure thing, i will make more. it just won't be everyday thing cuz it's really involved, but definitely i'll do some fun ones coming up :) and thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete